Doctor of Philosophy in Economics
Highly motivated and goal-oriented professional with 8+ years experience of teaching managerial and economic disciplines in higher education, who is known for an interactive teaching style that encourages student participation and enthusiasm while facilitating learning. Skilled researcher working well independently or on a team and published author of books, scholarly articles and training materials. Flexible employee – who enjoys learning new skills and quickly adapts to organisational changes – is seeking a new professional challenge.
February 2013 – August 2015: Plekhanov Russian University of Economics, Moscow
Associate Professor of the Department of Management Theory and Business Technologies
- Preparing lectures, seminars, assessment tools, and other materials for undergraduate and postgraduate programs.
- Teaching managerial and economic disciplines to undergraduates and postgraduates.
- Supervising and consulting undergraduate and postgraduate students about term papers and diploma theses.
- Engaging in the work of the State Attestation Boards of the Management Faculty.
- Conducting research both independently and as a member of a team.
- Participating in research grants, including grants of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation.
- Supervising the student research participating in the scientific and practical conferences.
- Developed and opened a new Master’s Degree Program, as well as coordinated its educational process.
- Made a significant contribution to the work of the University’s analytical group that allowed to develop the new directions in educational and scientific activities of the University.
- Implemented innovative teaching technologies into the educational process.
- Published 8 educational and methodical works in Russian and English; 5 scientific articles in leading Russian peer-reviewed journals; 3 monographs.
- Led the activity of the University’s Enactus team to a new level that allowed to win the Coca-Cola Hellenic’s competition.
- Organised 3 conferences and 3 workshops; participated in organisation of 4 competitions of the International program “Enactus”; participated in 5 International and Russian scientific and practical conferences.
September 2011 – August 2012: Omsk Institute (Branch) of the Russian State University of Trade and Economics, Omsk
May – August 2012: Head of the Department “Management and Marketing”
September 2011 – August 2012: Associate Professor of the Department “Commerce and Logistics” (firstly, accepted to a position of an Assistant Professor and then transferred to a position of an Associate Professor)
- Teaching disciplines on Management and Economics for students of undergraduate and graduate programs.
- Remaining up to date with current literature and methods relevant to the field of responsibilities.
- Managing and consulting students about diploma thesis.
- Managing educational, scientific, methodical and tutorial work of the Department.
- Conducting research both independently and as a member of a team.
- Coordinating operation of the State Attestation Boards.
- Making annual reporting and planned documentation about educational, scientific, methodical and tutorial work of the Department.
- Managed activities of the Student Scientific Society, supervised students research and mentored at early stage of academic career.
- Published 3 articles in main reviewed Russian journals.
- Organised and participated in 7 scientific events of different levels.
- Introduced innovation technologies in educational process and prepared teaching materials of high quality.
- Played an active role in maintenance of academic standards and in development of educational policy.
- Implemented policy in the field of quality (QMS) according to the ISO 9000 series standards and the standards of European Association for Quality Assurance in Higher Education.
March 2008 – November 2010: Omsk Regional Institute, Omsk
January 2009 – November 2010: Dean of the Faculty “Advanced Training and Professional Retraining”
October 2008 – January 2009: Vice-Dean of the Faculty “Economics and Management” and Assistant Professor of the Department “Management”
March 2008 – October 2008: Lecturer of the Department “Management”
- Managing educational, methodical and scientific work of the Faculty.
- Monitoring of modern teaching methods, literature, trends, concepts and methodologies.
- Preparing high quality teaching materials.
- Conducting lectures and practical trainings, tests and examinations for undergraduate and postgraduate students.
- Managing and consulting masters and bachelors about term papers and diploma theses.
- Conducting research and supervising research projects of students, as well as publishing their results.
- Involving in professional activities, including attendance at conferences and workshops in the fields of Economics and Management.
- Developed and opened new courses and specialties at the Faculty, required receiving appropriate accreditation, as well as coordinated their educational process.
- Introduced the Quality Management System (QMS) at the Faculty according to the requirements of International Standards in Higher Education.
- Developed and implemented effective learning and teaching practices within the Institute.
- Consulted companies’ heads about organisation’s commercial activity (economic and managerial aspects).
- Published 12 educational and methodical manuals; 12 scientific articles in leading Russian peer-reviewed journals in the fields of Management and Economics.
- Conducted more than 10 scientific research and presented their results on International and Russian scientific conferences.
2006 – 2011: Ural State University of Economics, Yekaterinburg
- Doctor of Philosophy in Economics
- Speciality: 08.00.05 – Economics and National Economy
- Thesis: Realization of the Adjustment Mechanism of the Regional Policy of Asymmetrically Developing Region
2000 – 2006: Omsk State Technical University, Omsk
- Specialist’s Degree (integrated Bachelor’s and Master’s Degrees) in State and Municipal Management
- Diploma with honours (GPA: 4.97 / 5.00)
2014: QPR Software Plc, Moscow
- Certificate of training of QPR Software Plc
2013: Sochi State University, Sochi
- Certificate of advanced training “Application of Educational Technologies in Implementation of Educational Programs in the fields of Service and Tourism”
2013: Higher School of Economics, Moscow
- Certificate of advanced training “Methodology of Public-Professional Accreditation of Educational Programs”
2013: Plekhanov Russian University of Economics, Moscow
- Participant Certificate of project workshop “Modeling of integration processes in the fields of educational and methodical activities of the University” improving professional skills
2012: Russian Academy of Natural History, Moscow
- Academic Rank of the Professor of the Russian Academy of Natural History (RANH)
2011: Omsk State Institute of Service, Omsk
- Certificate of advanced training “Corporate Governance and Organization of Educational Process in this Direction”
2009 – 2010: Siberian State Transport University, Novosibirsk
- Specialist Training in Business Valuation
- Diploma with honours (GPA: 5.00 / 5.00)
2009: Moscow State University of Economics, Statistics and Informatics, Moscow
- Lecturer and Consultant Certificate in the following disciplines “Methods of Strategic Analysis”, “State and Municipal Management”
2008: Moscow State University of Economics, Statistics and Informatics, Moscow
- Lecturer and Consultant Certificate in the following disciplines “State and Municipal Management”, “Management”, “Management of Enterprises and Organisations”, “Strategic Management”, “Management Decision Making”
2001 – 2004: Omsk State Technical University, Omsk
- Additional Qualification: English translator in the field of professional communication
- Diploma with honours (GPA: 5.00 / 5.00)
Project management; management of social and economic processes; strategic management (including social and economic development of territories); state and municipal management; competitiveness of country, region, municipality, organization; innovation and investment management.
- Estimation methodology of the asymmetry’s level in region’s municipalities;
- Methodology RICT evaluating investment potential, risks and climate of the different territories.
Participation in research projects as the member of the working team:
- Development of the mechanisms for network management distributed university (for example, Plekhanov Russian University of Economics)
- Development of electronic system “Smart Food” for University employees and students providing public catering’s e-services
- Mechanism development of project management of scientific activities at the universities (state order of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation)
- Market research of warehouse real estate and cargo handling technology in a modern warehouse complex
- Regional market of consumer goods and services: economic development diagnostics and improvement of regional policy
Participation as the Head of research projects:
- Conception development of Multifunctional interactive portal for Virtual Medical Institute
- Enterprise activity improvement through the introduction of additional stimulation system for workers
- Strategy building for the development of retail network
- Innovative development of management consulting
- Business planning as instrument of business management
- Strategic planning of enterprise marketing policy
- Management improvement of wholesale companies
- Optimisation process of company inventory management
- Formation of customer loyalty to commercial enterprise
- Strategic planning of enterprise commercial activity under present-day conditions
- Improvement of Quality Management System according to International Standards ISO 9000 series
- Optimisation of company management
- Great experience of analytical, research and teaching work (ability to work well independently or on a team)
- Communication and presentation skills (ability to work with large audiences, including students, scientists, business leaders and government officials)
- Leadership and organisation skills (ability to manage a team and time; introduce innovative technologies for process optimization; manage the educational, methodical and scientific work)
- Good experience of organization of different events, including scientific conferences, specialist trainings and workshops
- Experience of implementation of Quality Management System according to the requirements of International Standards (ISO 9000 series) and the European Association for Quality Assurance in Higher Education (ENQA)
- Ability to learn new skills and quickly adapt to organisational changes
- Excellent IT skills
- Languages: Russian (Native), English (Advanced)
Honours and Awards
- Letter of Appreciation for active participation and organisation of competitions of the International program “Enactus” for the last 3 years (Moscow, 2015)
- Participant Certificate of project workshop of the Plekhanov Russian University of Economics (Moscow, 2014)
- Participation Certificate in the International Scientific and Practical Internet Conference “Entrepreneurial Aspects of Managers’ Activities” (Moscow, 2013)
- Professor’s Diploma of the Russian Academy of Natural History (Moscow, 2012)
- Honour Certificate for conscientious work, high professionalism and in connection with birthday (Omsk, 2012)
- Certificate for active participation in the International Scientific and Practical Conference of the students, post-graduate students, teachers, theorists and practitioners “Sustainable development of the region: past, present and future” (Omsk, 2012)
- Honour Certificate for preparation the team “Success’s Empire” for the Competition “My business is a reality” (Omsk, 2011)
- Diploma for preparation Mary S. Tolstokulakova for participation in the III International Scientific and Practical Conference of the Young Scientists (Taganrog, 2011)
- Participation Certificate in the I International Scientific and Practical Conference “Global and local problems of economy: new challenges and decisions” (Krasnodar, 2011)
- Participation Certificate in the IV International Scientific and Practical Conference “Economic development of country: various aspects of this question” (Taganrog, 2012)
- Letter of Appreciation for the great personal contribution to work of the Omsk Regional Institute (Omsk, 2010)
- Letter of Appreciation from the Government of the Omsk region for participation in research devoted to the issues of the Priority National Projects (Omsk, 2009)
- Gratitude Certificate for participation in the International Scientific and Practical Conference of the students, post-graduate students and young scientists “From Youth to Motherland. Development of territories’ economy as development of Russia” (Omsk, 2008)
- Participant Certificate in the International Scientific and Practical Conference “Fight against corruption in the sphere of the state and municipal management: foreign and Russian experience” (Novosibirsk, 2008)
- Participation Certificate in the social life of the State and Municipal Management Department, scientific work and excellent study at the University (Omsk, 2000 – 2006)
- Winner’s Honour Certificate of the Inter-regional Scientific Student Conference “Modern problems of economic development” (Omsk, 2006)
- Gold Medal for excellent education at the Secondary School (Omsk, 1998 – 2000)
The total number of scientific works is over 65, but the quantity of educational and methodical works is more than 20. Full list of scientific, educational and methodical works and full-text articles is available on the page Publications.
Letters of Reference are available on the page References.